Thursday, May 13, 2010

Engagement pictures and a piece of cake!

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to be crafty and creative. Maybe that's why I am a cosmetologist, scrapbooker and crafter. I just love it all and want to try it all. So I decided "why not add a few more things to that list" and I started taking an interest in cake decortating and photography. I have always been interested in photography (ever since I started scrapbooking 10 years ago) but I have always only had point and shoot cameras. Until a few weeks ago when my amazing husband got me a Nikon D5000 SLR. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I'm still getting use to it (there is a lot to learn) but I have really enjoyed taking pictures and trying out all the cool features. My sister-in-law (Andy's sister) is getting married in August and I thought what better way to get in some practice then take their engagement photos. So we went out a few weeks ago to down town and here are a few of my favorite shots. (keep in mind, I'm still learning).

















I have also been busy making cakes. I have made cakes in the past but never for other people... other then family. A few of the girls that I work with asked me if I would make cakes for them for graduations and birthdays. Here are a few pictures of the ISU graduation cake that I made for my co-worker Diane. Her daughter Jana is graduating and I think that the cake turned out pretty good!


2 comments:

  1. AMANDA! The pictures are amazing! You have a great eye for photography! And Jana's cake turned out fantastic. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I met the love of my life Andy in 1998 and we have been together ever since. We got married October 17, 2009 and we are expecting our first baby May 1, 2011. We are byond excited and can't wait. We are having a boy and his name will be Brady. Andy and I have amazing family and friends and are truely blessed. I am a cosmetologist and an avid scrapbooker. Scrapbooking is my passion and I feel like bloging is just an extention of my passion, documenting life!